Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chapter One
Who Are You and What Do You Want


When I looked at the clock on my night table the last time it was after 2 a.m. I opened my eyes, it was completely dark, and I couldn't see the clock and was aware of the complete silence.  The ambient noises likes the crickets and the occasional automobile sounds were missing.  I reached for the lamp to turn it on, I could not find it.  I could not locate the night stand either, the bed was not under me, and I felt as though I were in a void.  And then a voice addressed me, “David”.


Me    "Who are you and why are you here?" In my bones and being I knew who the voice belonged to. "Why didn't you send someone else to process me?  Isn't that the way it's done?"


God   "David,  people usually address me a little more formally the first time."


Me    "How do you like to be addressed?"


God   "However you prefer David.  Why do you ask?"


Me     "I assume that I just died and now it appears from what I recall as a child that it is time for me to be                                                                     processed or more precisely it is time for me to be judged.  You do know that I am an atheist don't you? Mister ah, I missed your name."   


God  "I did not tell you my name David,but I know you already know who am."  


Me  "You are going to tell me that you are God, aren't you? Well, I do not necessary believe I am talking with God, are you going to tell me that you are God?"   


God  "No David I am not going to tell you I am God, I am going to allow you to reach a conclusion on your own and in your own time."  


Me  "What if I don't?   What if I do not believe you are God, how do you handle such things?  I might not even be dead, this might just be a dream." 


God  "Time will tell."





Chapter Two
Consciousness and Reality


No comments: