Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Poems


A Penny For The Old Guy


Late at night melancholy thoughts
Come to my fading mind
Which causes me to eventually drift off to oblivion
Without a whimper but in silence


A silence without thought
Without emotion
A dead and heavy stillness that is the essence of my surroundings
But it is where I find peace


This nothingness eventually will be
My final significant individual feature.


© 2009 David Evans


The Persistence of Memory



I cry for yesterday when I dreamed dreams that might have been
I see today and know those dreams could never be
Yet without them there would be nothing...
Yet today they still persist

My time is numbered but the dreams are not
My dreams are mine but not entirely
Others dream these dreams and the dreams persist...
Passed in the essence and in the genes

Down through the ages they have come
Burnt and diminished dream by dream...
Until nothing seems to be what is or what was

Yesterday is not today
And what was diminished is still the dream
For what is created cannot be erased
And will persist until the end...

© D. Evans 2009

IF THIS IS A MAN




174517* (tattood on his arm)

Then,
Remember This if Nothing Else
For every Ying there is a Yang
For every Devil there is a Saint

For Every Hitler there is a Schindler
For every Butcher there is a Hero
For every Himmler there is a Levi
For all the Hatred there is Love

And so Forth
And so On
So goes the World…

But Never Forget
For every Yang there is a Ying
For every Saint there is a Devil

For every Schindler there is a Hitler
For every Victim there is a Butcher
For every Levi there is a Himmler
For all the Love there is Hatred

So goes the World
So Forth
and So On
Never Again...
Never Again!!!
Round and Round
...World Without End


In Honor of Primo Levi
© 2009 David Evans





No comments: