Monday, September 6, 2010

New Poem - God Time and Memory

Photobucket

Before I matured I believed in God
Now that I am older I don’t

Often before falling asleep I would talk to God
Begging for others, and sometimes for me
But it was really always for me

Asking that my father would not drink so much
That my mother could be happier
Never prayed for my sister
Should have for my brother

As I matured the praying ended
As did God
As time moved forward my father died
As did my mother
As did my sister
As did my brother
And then my wife

My mind tells me they’re gone
For they never respond
Yet I talk to some of them still
I must do it for me
To satisfy some need
Cause it makes no other sense you see

When I talk to them, they never respond
Except once from my wife
When she spoke my name twice

They are fixed in time
Having not changed in my mind
My memory of family and God.

© 2010 David Evans

No comments: