Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Memory of Jim Morrison and the Doors

As I have aged and reflect back on my limited experience with Rock and Roll my liking for certain individuals and groups have  of course changed, time does that to most everything. One individual's talent and on stage personality stands out as a cut above most others,  Jim Morrison and the Doors.  





“I wouldn't mind dying in a plane crash.  It'd be a good way to go.  I don't want to die in my sleep, or of old age, or OD.  I want to feel what it's like.  I want to taste it, hear it, smell it.  Death is only going to happen once.  I don't want to miss it.”


It does not appear that Jim got his wish. There is controversy on how he died in Paris in 1971. He was just 27 years old.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CFoJuRcjHU&feature=related

No comments: