Saturday, April 21, 2012

In Appreciation of Small and Inconspicuous Beauty

In Appreciation of Small and Inconspicuous Beauty



I have walked in the woods and meadows all my life and have passed by obscure little plants and flowers which I cannot identify.  My wife Elaine was the first to bring this beauty to my  attention and awakened my appreciation for the inconspicuous beauty found almost all over the outdoors. My granddaughter Verity I later noticed did the same thing.  


I therefore open this space in my blog to the appreciation of the beauty I learned about from those two dear people.

The tiny white flowers in the lower left of this  picture almost remained unnoticed. 

Blow then make a wish!

Unlike the other flowers on this page this is not wild but was planted by Elaine.  However, the bumble bee is wild.

1 comment:

Czarina said...

One doesn't need a dualist's sense of soul to be awed by beauty and humbled by the magnificent scope of nature.
On the contrary.