Saturday, November 1, 2014

Welcome to Ruins Hall, Glen Rock, Pennsylvania


While on a bike ride in southern Pennsylvania right above the Mason Dixon line I came upon a town called Glen Rock. 
I came across what appeared to have been an abandoned  factory or warehouse.  I followed my nose (i.e., my camera) inside and discovered a roofless, open to the elements interior containing a number of pictures painted on the wall.  My initial impression was that it was graffiti,  but looking further, I saw it was organized and interesting.  While the paintings on the walls were not studied professional works they gave me immense pleasure to see them because I knew that these folks had within them the love and spirit of the beauty of existence.    



I would guess the attractive young ladies above are the artists who produced the work. It is a pleasure to see their images on the wall but where are the boys?  I think most boys have just dropped from the intellectual, artistic and commercial worlds with their addiction to the hand held computer.  










1 comment:

David said...

After more than ten years with no comments I am sad to note that my pictures had no emotional impact on those who viewed them. However I should have had no expectation of such acceptance. I will hope that some of the viewers took a second look and commented to a friend or to themselves in passing that there was something about the picture that appealed to them. If there is nothing in the pictures that is appealing to the viewers it is a flaw on my part.