Thursday, December 2, 2010

This Note is Complementary to What I Posted on My Wall Today About A Fine Harvard Course on Morality

It is possible today to attend the finest colleges in the world and take the same courses that the regular students are taking, as it seems, alongside them.   Benefits are that there is no charge for attending and you have the ability to schedule the classes whenever it is convenient.  On the other hand, there usually is no college credit given and one does not have the benefit of questioning and having discourse with the professor or other students.

Nevertheless, it is though I was living in Athens and attending lectures and having discussions with Socrates or Aristotle in the great places where they taught. 

For me, I am grateful that I am able to finish out my life exposed to such an environment; my only sadness is that I will not be able to contribute to progress or benefit anyone but myself because of this experience.  So it seems, but who knows?

Thank you Harvard, thank you Yale, thank you MIT, thank you Google, thank you You Tube; this is a fine thing you are doing, keep doing it, don’t back down and don’t stop.

Continue with this series on: http://justiceharvard.org/


No comments: